Friday, December 4, 2009

11/16/09 - Day 11 - Microwave In

 It has been such a pleasure for me that Michael has taken the lead on the remodel up to this date. Normally, I have to do everything myself, but he has been a phenomenal helpmate with this large project.


Today, I am on my own. I want to finish the microwave wall today.




I put up the IKEA railing that the wall cabinets hang from.  That pesky electrical socket is in the way, tho, so I burn off the hardboard around the socket using my angle grinder. Perhaps it's not the most kosher way to handle the situation, but it worked!



The first cabinet was easy to hang by myself.



The cabinet that will house the microwave venting-to-the-roof will be difficult in that I have to ensure that the measurements are perfect before I prepare the cutouts for the stove pipe, etc.



Measure thrice, cut once.



So far, so good.





It fits perfectly. Now I have to cut out a rectangle in the bottom for the microwave vent, and install the metal support bars for the microwave.



With Matthew's help, we were able to place the microwave oven into the prepared space.



I did not finish the venting hookup, but it was great to get the cabinets in.



Peeking into the box at my slick black double sink.



I love it!



Love it!



LOVE IT!



The door fronts really make it look complete.



WOW - after only 11 days it looks pretty darn good!




Day 12: Day of rest.






No comments:

Post a Comment