Friday, December 4, 2009

12/4/09 - Day 28 - Countertops Here

I've always wanted black countertops and a black sink.  Even though we were ready to have the countertops installed a couple of weeks ago, the installation company got waylaid a bit by the Thanksgiving holiday.

But TODAY'S THE DAY!  Unavoidably, I had a medical appointment that fell on the same day as the installation appt.  Michael came to the rescue (again) and volunteered to let the installers in at 9 AM while I was gone. And Matthew graciously volunteered to drive me to and from my appt.

When we returned to the house at 10:30 AM the counters were in!  Michael had taken lots of pictures for us all, as follows:


This covers a 9" bump out in the 48" wide kitchen window


A big piece covers the peninsula unit and pony wall


The stone has a protective wrapping over it




Without the plastic wrapping, the surface is so shiny!


Now for the counter over the sink. I asked for the sink cut out (since I paid for it) and all other remnants that may end up as one of my sculptures.


The sink counter is in place


One backsplash is in


A second backsplash is in place


They lifted the 125-pound sink for us. It fit perfectly.



Doesn't it look beautiful?



I am so happy!



The last counter is in place


Now that the workmen have gone, Michael will go under the sink and install the long-neck faucet.


Once he hooked up the hot and cold water, he tried it out in a plastic bucket. That was an easy project; however, hooking up the disposal and sink posed many logistical fit problems. I made him an apple pie to keep up his resolve to conquer these challenges.

He's going back to Home Depot for the third (fourth?) time today to find plumbing pieces that will fit properly. Thank goodness it's only 3 miles away!

No comments:

Post a Comment