Monday, December 14, 2009

12/11/09 - Day 35 - First Party in the New Kitchen

It's Christmas . . . a couple of weeks early.  I try out my new kitchen on my son, Isaac, his wife, Jameillah, and their daughter, Jazmine, who are visiting from North Carolina.  Jae's mom, Margaret, my brother Greg, sister Carrie, and boyfriend Michael, were also part of the fun.


Breakfast with mommy.


An untraditional Christmas meal of chips and salsa, mixed beans, meatballs, rice, spaghetti squash, colorful salad, strawberry jello, hot apple cider, sparkling cider, pumpkin bread, dark chocolate and orange cake, petit fours, and, of course, Hot Tamale candies on the table.


Jameillah and Michael.


Little Jazmine is dressed in her finery in the clean new kitchen and diningroom space.


Opening presents with daddy.


"One" time Grandma will give into the princess thing:


Isaac and my sister Carrie.


The little sweetie.


Jazmine's grandmothers cherish her visit.


My brother, Greg, son Matthew, and son Isaac.


A special moment with my granddaughter.


My new kitchen was integral to making this family moment a very special one.


No comments:

Post a Comment