Thursday, December 3, 2009

11/8/09 - Day 3 - Soft Demo

I tried to get out the cabinet that houses the microwave over the stove. Too tough! It looks like it was custom built around the stovepipe - all one piece again.  And the electrical socket box was attached on the "inside" of the hardboard backing of the cabinet; this means that I would need to dismantle the electrical box before removing the cabinet. I don't like working with electrical stuff! I might have to find another way to deal with this! Later!



Let's take out the pantry unit now that Matthew has loosened the screws holding it to the wall. As big as that unit is, it was surprisingly easy for me to remove it myself. Just scoot it out, side to side, inching it out from under the soffet, until finally it was free!





Then laid the pantry unit on its side and scoot it along the carpet, along the hall, and leave it for Matthew to take outside to the garage stockpile.
  


It is amazing how small the footprint was beside the dishwasher!  All of that utility on a 24x18" wood frame.




How groady/dirty/gross this looks! This is the spacer between the old pantry and the dishwasher.





After spending the day cleaning out cabinets at my house, visiting my dad, then putting down weed fabric and 6 yards of bark in my boyfriend's backyard, I dream of eating See's Candies. And eating a steak. And drinking some red wine. And snuggling with . . . an icepack! (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment