Thursday, December 3, 2009

11/6/09 - Day 1 - We Begin




So on November 6, 2009, I am starting. Finally. A new kitchen. No more multi-colored cabinets and sagging cabinet doors from one of my kids hanging on 'em. No more white tile countertops and nasty grout that is impossible to keep sanitary. No more flourescent lighting overhead. No more cracks in the sink. No more surprise cans in the far back reaches of my pantry that have exploded unseen. IKEA's 20% off sale ends on Wednesday. Gotta "put up or shut up" soon and buy the kitchen parts! 


That night after my day job, emptied a couple of wall cabinets into plastic bins and put them under, and alongside, the diningroom table. 


The toaster oven and microwave oven on the diningroom table will be our source of cooking until the kitchen is finished. 


It is an organized mess!




















I took all of the molding off in the kitchen and diningroom.




Then I used spray TSP to clean all of the walls and spackled all the holes in the kitchen.  










No comments:

Post a Comment